Paleo Creamy Cauliflower And Carrot Soup
I still think soups and stews are just the greatest. It's really near impossible to mess them up and when in doubt veg it out and add more seasonings. You can't go wrong!
I'm always on the hunt to sneak in more vegetables in my life and soups are a great way to make it happen. This creamy and comforting cauliflower soup is super simple, really hits the spot no matter what season it is and looks like you put a lot of effort into making! But in reality it's a piece of cake without the actual cake. Bon appetit!
- 2 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chives or parsley for garnish
- 2 bags of chopped cauliflower or 1 head of chopped cauliflower
- 1 cup chopped or shredded carrots
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup non-dairy cheese (I used a cashew cheese in a jar from whole foods) or 1/2 cup full fat canned coconut milk
- In a large saucepan, add ghee, onions and garlic and saute until soft.
- Add cauliflower, carrots, veggie broth and salt and pepper to the saucepan. Cover the pot and reduce heat cooking for about 25 minutes or until veggies are soft enough to be blended.
- While the soup is cooking, cook the bacon.
- Once cauliflower and carrots are tender add saucepan ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Return to saucepan and add non-dairy cheese or coconut milk.
- Top soup with crumbled bacon, chives and parsley.